Changing Places - how we help
The Changing Places campaign is a government supported vision on providing high specification changing and toileting areas for the disabled community. It has long since been established that many disabled require a better-equipped area for care when away from home.
Wealden Rehab has united behind this incentive, equipping changing places all around the UK. Recently we were proud to be involved in the completion of what was to be the 1,000th changing place in the UK.
Some of the benefits of working with us on your Changing Places project are below:
- Wealden Rehab is committed to delivering projects within your budget
- We will assist from planning through to final installation.
- Supply only, or supply and fit as suits you best
- We will work to your timescale; if it is an urgent installation we can help, or more frequently we will work with your builder to schedule in installation for a future date
What makes a Changing Places different?
A standard accessible WC is designed for independent use by an individual. In some cases, a wheelchair user may be assisted but there is usually insufficient room for two assistants.
Changing Places facilities are designed for people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. A CP facility must include:
- Height adjustable, adult sized changing bench
- Ceiling track hoist system
- Adequate space for the disabled person and 2 assistants
- Centrally located WC with space each side
- Privacy screen
- Paper roll
- Waste disposal bin
- Washbasin -preferably height adjustable
In addition, shower facilities are recommended for managed buildings such as leisure centres and transport hubs.
CP facilities should be provided in addition to the full range of standard accessible WC's and baby-change facilities.