GoLift packs the ceiling hoist power you need in a small, discreet design. State-of-the-art battery technology coupled with all metal gears allows carers to safely and effortlessly transfer users weighing up to 318 kg (50 Stone) on a single lift. For larger patients, combine 2 GoLift 700 systems to obtain a lifting capacity of 454 kg (72kg).
The compact size brings multiple benefits:
- Low lift height – maximise space and minimise transfers, even in environments with low ceilings
- Aesthetically pleasing yet functional design – leading to higher patient acceptance, contributing to a homelier environment and helping address infection control requirements
Flexibility to meet the needs of any care environment – the modular track system means you can have straight, curved and XY (full coverage) configurations.
The GoLift track is equipped with an in-rail charging system so busy carers aren’t constantly having to plug in the hoist for routine charging. This means that the hoist is always ready to go – plus you minimize ongoing costs associated with replacement batteries.
- Always ready to lift – instant mechanical and electrical connection, and the battery is always at max capacity
- Save carer time – by removing the need to look for charging points
- Minimise battery damage – by preventing deep discharge
- Start/stop functionality – so the lift doesn’t jolt
- Silent motor and automatic light switch-off – so you don’t have obtrusive background noise and lights
- Minimal training required – so they can start using it straight away
The GoLift handset is designed to be
It’s smooth and comfortable to hold, with capacitive touch similar to a mobile phone screen. Because it responds to touch rather than pressure, it’s easy for users with limited dexterity or hand function to operate. Plus, the handset is magnetic, so it sticks to the spreader bar – meaning it’s conveniently stored between uses, and easy to find when you’re ready to transfer.
- Small and simple to handle
- Touch sensitive operation makes it easy for carers and patients with limited dexterity
- Magnetic attachment to the spreader bar so always within easy reach
- Cable entry into the top of the handset for intuitive operation
Largeilluminated section shows charging status
GoLift is designed to meet the needs of any care environment – no matter the constraints. From room coverage requirements to low ceilings, you benefit from a wide range of features that help you meet user needs easily and cost effectively.
GoTrack is available in 3 different depths starting at just 60mm high – this super-slimline profile helps maximise lift height and improve aesthetics. Double and triple track profiles offer additional capacity.
- Wall brackets – for environments where we can't fix track to the ceiling
- Wall posts – for environments where walls won’t support user weight, allowing us to transfer the load to the floor
- XY trolley sets – provide whole room coverage so you pick up from and transfer to any point across the room
- Transition gates – enable you to move from a XY system to a fixed straight rail
- Turntable – allows the hoist to turn through 90º or 45º at a specific point, giving you added flexibility on a straight track
GoLift’s ingenious design gives added safety when it comes to routine maintenance. Instead of having to work on the unit at height or physically de-installing the unit from the track, engineers can bring the hoist unit down to a safe level for inspection and servicing. This makes it easier to comply with LOLER Regulations.
I recently worked with Wealden Rehab to adapt a small bungalow into a lifetime home for a profoundly disabled young adult. Generally with projects like this, you end up with a care environment that has a stereotypical ‘disabled’ look. Working with Wealden Rehab, we achieved something rare – a functional, practical space that looks and feels like a proper home.
The Site Manager, Case Manager, Occupational Therapist and Wealden Rehab consulted from the start of the project and throughout the build, ensuring installation processes ran smoothly and potential problems were identified early and avoided. The user is now benefiting from high-quality, modern and stylish equipment that effectively meets his needs.
Care equipment design and installation is a specialist service, and there are many providers on the market. As an OT, it’s not always easy to choose. Having achieved such a high-quality result on this project – and having such confidence in Wealden Rehab’s timely and efficient aftersales services – I look forward to working with them in future.