We recommend that you start with the size of the room.
Whilst the minimum size requirement for a Changing Place is 4mtr x 3mtr (12 square meters), some are considerably bigger. Even at 12 sq.mtr, this is a significant increase in what would have been generally provided for a disabled toilet, but it allows users to manoeuvre around and utilise the equipment provided.
Once you have established you have sufficient space, you can use the following list as a guide for the equipment.
- Height Adjustable Changing Table, wall fixed, or mobile (minimum length of 1800mm)
- XY Ceiling Track Hoist (for full room coverage)
- Peninsular Toilet, (some install a care toilet)
- Wash Basin (height adjustable if possible)
- Drop Down Rails and Grab Rails, in high contrast colour
- Large Sanitary Disposal Bin
- Full-Length Mirror
- Paper Roll Dispenser, (for use on the changing table)
- Shower (optional)
- Emergency Alarm
- Hand Drier
- Waste Bin
- Privacy Screen / Ward Curtain
- Coat Hooks
- Non-slip safety flooring, with drainage if a shower is installed