How old is your Dipper?
At Wealden Rehab, the wellbeing of our clients is at the heart of our business and priorities. We therefore need to ensure that our clients and caregivers receive the best advice with regards to all our products, so that safety is never compromised.
Field Safety Notice
A recent FSN from Joerns Healthcare has limited the lifespan of Oxford Dipper Pool-Side Hoists to seven years. In line with their Field Safety Notice, using units beyond this lifespan can jeopardise the safety of both clients and carers. This threat is due to the high humidity and chlorine exposure that hoists are subject to within the poolside environment. Such conditions corrode an unprotected metal structure and over time create deficiencies that are not always visible on the exterior of the hoist.
In light of this new legislation, Wealden Rehab is offering a ‘Dipper Scrappage Scheme’ for our clients - a scheme that offers ease of replacement and extra value on market-leading products.
Key Facts about the Dipper Scrappage Scheme
- A £250 discount is available when replacing a condemned? Dipper Pool-Side Hoist: This offer is valid whether our customers choose to replace their old unit with another well-esteemed Dipper, or opt for our newer stainless-steel model - the Heron Pool Hoist.
- New pool hoists can be easily installed using your existing Dipper Socket, regardless of the replacement model chosen.
- We will weight test and certificate the new hoist.
- We will take care of the removal of your old unit.
For more information about The Scrappage Scheme, please visit our dedicated Scrappage Scheme page
Choosing the best hoist for you
At Wealden Rehab, we want to ensure that customers choose the best replacement hoist. The Oxford Dipper Pool-Side Hoist continues to be a proven, reliable and safe method of gaining access to the water.
However, we are now able to offer the battery-powered Heron Hoist, which has a proven track record in this demanding environment. Other benefits of the Heron include:
- Manufactured with high-grade stainless steel
- Fits in your existing Oxford Dipper socket for easy installation
- Battery powered lift and lower allowing for effortless patient transfer
- Manual rotation to ensure operators have fine control
- Spreader bar and transportable seat options available, providing a large range of client support
- Suitable for both above or below ground level pools
- 135kg weight capacity
Latest Blog Posts
Mobile Shower Trolley v Wall-mounted
When choosing a shower or changing bed, people are often torn between a wall mounted or mobile version.
Assessment Booking Update
Assessments are a huge part of Wealden Rehab’s service, we find that this is the best way of finding the correct product for your client and helping to de...
Disabled Access Day - 16th March 2019
We're spreading awareness and celebrating Disabled Access Day 2019
Wealden Rehab welcomes OT to join the team
We are delighted to introduce our newest member of the team.
RAZ Commode pan updated
The RAZ Commode Pan has just been updated
RAZ Seat module refinements
Our most popular commode seat has had some improvements for 2019, further enhancing the user experience.