How old is your Dipper?
At Wealden Rehab, the wellbeing of our clients is at the heart of our business and priorities. We therefore need to ensure that our clients and caregivers receive the best advice with regards to all our products, so that safety is never compromised.
Field Safety Notice
A recent FSN from Joerns Healthcare has limited the lifespan of Oxford Dipper Pool-Side Hoists to seven years. In line with their Field Safety Notice, using units beyond this lifespan can jeopardise the safety of both clients and carers. This threat is due to the high humidity and chlorine exposure that hoists are subject to within the poolside environment. Such conditions corrode an unprotected metal structure and over time create deficiencies that are not always visible on the exterior of the hoist.
In light of this new legislation, Wealden Rehab is offering a ‘Dipper Scrappage Scheme’ for our clients - a scheme that offers ease of replacement and extra value on market-leading products.
Key Facts about the Dipper Scrappage Scheme
- A £250 discount is available when replacing a condemned? Dipper Pool-Side Hoist: This offer is valid whether our customers choose to replace their old unit with another well-esteemed Dipper, or opt for our newer stainless-steel model - the Heron Pool Hoist.
- New pool hoists can be easily installed using your existing Dipper Socket, regardless of the replacement model chosen.
- We will weight test and certificate the new hoist.
- We will take care of the removal of your old unit.
For more information about The Scrappage Scheme, please visit our dedicated Scrappage Scheme page
Choosing the best hoist for you
At Wealden Rehab, we want to ensure that customers choose the best replacement hoist. The Oxford Dipper Pool-Side Hoist continues to be a proven, reliable and safe method of gaining access to the water.
However, we are now able to offer the battery-powered Heron Hoist, which has a proven track record in this demanding environment. Other benefits of the Heron include:
- Manufactured with high-grade stainless steel
- Fits in your existing Oxford Dipper socket for easy installation
- Battery powered lift and lower allowing for effortless patient transfer
- Manual rotation to ensure operators have fine control
- Spreader bar and transportable seat options available, providing a large range of client support
- Suitable for both above or below ground level pools
- 135kg weight capacity
Latest Blog Posts
We share the benefits of having an occupational therapist in our team
Our in-house OT, Gayle Cardwell has 20 years’ experience to benefit the team with clinical skills that can be transferred into private practice. The collaborati...
Inset hoist rails make for a cleaner aesthetic
Traditionally hoist rails are mounted on the ceiling. This is the most economical, and the quickest way to install a ceiling tracked hoist system. But every now...
What are shower chairs? And what are shower chairs used for?
Now these questions may seem simple but, in this blog, we are going to explain what a shower chair is, the benefits of using a shower chair and why we think our...
Celebrating 2019 - Projects Team
As we reach the end of a year, we look back over some of the great projects we've delivered.
What is a shower trolley?
A shower trolley or bench provides support to those bathing who have low mobility, specifically designed for easy transfers and access for a carer, making bathi...
Types of Hoist Sling
Discover the different types of hoist slings and what they are used for.