How old is your Dipper?
At Wealden Rehab, the wellbeing of our clients is at the heart of our business and priorities. We therefore need to ensure that our clients and caregivers receive the best advice with regards to all our products, so that safety is never compromised.
Field Safety Notice
A recent FSN from Joerns Healthcare has limited the lifespan of Oxford Dipper Pool-Side Hoists to seven years. In line with their Field Safety Notice, using units beyond this lifespan can jeopardise the safety of both clients and carers. This threat is due to the high humidity and chlorine exposure that hoists are subject to within the poolside environment. Such conditions corrode an unprotected metal structure and over time create deficiencies that are not always visible on the exterior of the hoist.
In light of this new legislation, Wealden Rehab is offering a ‘Dipper Scrappage Scheme’ for our clients - a scheme that offers ease of replacement and extra value on market-leading products.
Key Facts about the Dipper Scrappage Scheme
- A £250 discount is available when replacing a condemned? Dipper Pool-Side Hoist: This offer is valid whether our customers choose to replace their old unit with another well-esteemed Dipper, or opt for our newer stainless-steel model - the Heron Pool Hoist.
- New pool hoists can be easily installed using your existing Dipper Socket, regardless of the replacement model chosen.
- We will weight test and certificate the new hoist.
- We will take care of the removal of your old unit.
For more information about The Scrappage Scheme, please visit our dedicated Scrappage Scheme page
Choosing the best hoist for you
At Wealden Rehab, we want to ensure that customers choose the best replacement hoist. The Oxford Dipper Pool-Side Hoist continues to be a proven, reliable and safe method of gaining access to the water.
However, we are now able to offer the battery-powered Heron Hoist, which has a proven track record in this demanding environment. Other benefits of the Heron include:
- Manufactured with high-grade stainless steel
- Fits in your existing Oxford Dipper socket for easy installation
- Battery powered lift and lower allowing for effortless patient transfer
- Manual rotation to ensure operators have fine control
- Spreader bar and transportable seat options available, providing a large range of client support
- Suitable for both above or below ground level pools
- 135kg weight capacity
Latest Blog Posts
Ramp replacements provide outstanding access
Our client in West London had a wooden ramp which required replacement to maintain safety.
Urgent adaptations for a case management client
Our project delivery team has been instructed to carry out some urgent adaptations works for a case management client.
Hoisting through a doorway?
Very often, hoisting systems involve moving the hoist between rooms to minimise delays in transfers. This blog looks at various ways to make that transfer. ...
Wealden Rehab Wheelchairs- Tailored to Your Needs
Both the Trekker and the Strata have been designed to be versatile, reusable and extremely comfortable.
RAZ-Postural Management Without Accessories
Good posture is important because it helps keep your body in alignment, which can contribute to a more effective bowel management routine.
RAZ- Maintaining Independence and Dignity
It is important to ensure that persons are able to remain as independent as possible as this can promote positive feelings, help with purpose, scene of achievem...