It is common practice in the UK to recycle equipment funded by social services, to ensure they are maximizing their investments. Once a piece of equipment is no longer required by a user, it will be returned to the loan store and assigned to another user. With limited funds and increasing needs in the community for equipment, this is becoming more important than ever.
So, how can we monitor how well our equipment is recycling at management level?
Loan equipment stores closely examine the recycling rate of core stock items: the recycling rate is widely used as an indicator of waste recycling and resource-saving efforts. A rise in this metric generally indicates that recycling efforts are improving.
As Wealden Rehab holds contracts throughout the UK for core stock items, we decided to gather data from loan stores on the recycling rate of the RAZ shower/toilet chair. We received feedback from two loan stores which have contracted high volumes of the RAZ AT for more than three years, and found that:
- Loan store 1: 100% recycle rate by value and 100% recycle rate by quantity.
- Loan store 2: 97% recycle rate by value and 98% recycle rate by quantity.
What is the effect of this?
1. Keeps the ongoing purchase of equipment to a minimum
2. The same products can keep being recycled without ongoing investment
3. Savings on this product enable increased investment into other equipment that is required
Why are the RAZ shower chairs so cost efficient?
1. High grade 316 stainless steel construction gives an expected lifespan of over 10 years
2. The materials used for the gas struts and cables ensures little or no service costs within the warranty period of 5 years
3. The highly adjustable frame reduces the number of custom chairs required to meet user needs
4. Clinical reasoning ensures excellent pressure distribution postural support on the seat, catering for a variety of needs
We have a range of bathing & hygiene and moving & handling products that can reduce recycling costs - call us today for a demonstration.
Latest Blog Posts
Our Seasonal opening times 2022/23
Our team are here for you but we will be taking a break between the 24th December and 2nd January 2023.
Which shower trolley do I choose?
When investing in a shower trolley it is essential to ensure the specification is right.
Supportive and safe bathing - reduce the risks
Bathing children is an enjoyable experience for them but can be challenging for the parent or carer.
Combatting hospital equipment theft with the Axi2Go
As hospital budgets continue to be pressured and cuts are made, the effects of device and equipment theft become more significant
Shower chair assessment - your clinical considerations
When purchasing a shower chair, it’s critical to determine the user’s level of mobility and support needed
Users & Carers Love the Barella Shower Trolley
Carers and users often give us feedback like: ‘The Barella shower trolley has made the entire bathing process so much easier. Thank you!’