Today is International Day of Persons with Disabilities, here at Wealden Rehab we always aim to promote understanding, awareness and the support of dignity, rights and well-being of our clients.
What is today for?
- Reflection- to look at our own past individual and collective actions, and to identify our goals for the future
- Celebration- to recognize and value the diversity of our global community and to cherish the role we play, regardless of our abilities
- Learning- to understand and learn from the experiences of people living with a disability
- It is a day for optimism- to look towards the future and the creation of a world where a person is not characterised by their disabilities, but by their abilities
- Action- where all people, organisation, agencies and charities not only show their support for International Day of People with Disabilities but take on a commitment to creating a world characterised by equal human rights.
Latest Blog Posts
Assessing shower chairs for bariatric users
There are three main points to consider when providing a shower/toilet chair for a bariatric/plus sized user.
Anti corrosion process for the Barella shower trolley
How does the Barella trolley differ from others on the market? This is a question that gets asked from time to time. Over the last ten years we’ve learnt that t...
Barella Shower Trolley gets mattress upgrade...
The Barella Shower Trolley now with a new mattress design for additional comfort.
Changing Places guidance updated
Bariatric shower chair range extended
Additional seat widths added from the beginning of 2021, to make specification easier.
Training for success
Our 2020 Training Program has been very popular and is highly recommended by Occupational Therapists who have participated.