Today is International Day of Persons with Disabilities, here at Wealden Rehab we always aim to promote understanding, awareness and the support of dignity, rights and well-being of our clients.
What is today for?
- Reflection- to look at our own past individual and collective actions, and to identify our goals for the future
- Celebration- to recognize and value the diversity of our global community and to cherish the role we play, regardless of our abilities
- Learning- to understand and learn from the experiences of people living with a disability
- It is a day for optimism- to look towards the future and the creation of a world where a person is not characterised by their disabilities, but by their abilities
- Action- where all people, organisation, agencies and charities not only show their support for International Day of People with Disabilities but take on a commitment to creating a world characterised by equal human rights.
Latest Blog Posts
Wealden Rehab hosts two training days for OT's
We conducted two training sessions in our showroom this week for occupational therapists.
Improved weight capacity for the RAZ Shower Chair Range
We’re excited to announce that our RAZ chair range has been improved to offer increased weight capacities on the RAZ AT, RAZ SP and RAZ AP as standard. ...
The OTs Perspective: Showering, Psychosocial & Physical Benefits
An occupational therapist's perspective on why having a shower provides more benefits than just keeping clean
RAZ Shower Chairs: Cost efficient and better for the environment
Discover why the RAZ Shower Chairs have such an impressive recycling rate.
£30 Million funding for Changing Places toilets now open for applications
Councils are urged to apply for a share of the fund, which will be used to install life-improving Changing Places toilets.
Therapy Integration event: Live workshop
Our expert team is delighted to be conducting live, in-person workshops again!